Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Who foots the bill for students' trip to camp?
Issue: A reader heard that every year the fifth-graders from Burleigh Elementary School take a trip to Camp Minikani, and she wants to know if this is something taxpayers pay for.
Status: Bil Zahn, principal of Burleigh Elementary School, told me the students pay for the trip themselves. It costs each student $96, and that pays for five meals, two overnight stays and the camp staff. The school keeps the cost down by sending teachers with the students to help run the camp activities. While at Camp Minikani, the students participate in math, science and social studies activities.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?