Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Who foots the bill for students' trip to camp?
Issue: A reader heard that every year the fifth-graders from Burleigh Elementary School take a trip to Camp Minikani, and she wants to know if this is something taxpayers pay for.
Status: Bil Zahn, principal of Burleigh Elementary School, told me the students pay for the trip themselves. It costs each student $96, and that pays for five meals, two overnight stays and the camp staff. The school keeps the cost down by sending teachers with the students to help run the camp activities. While at Camp Minikani, the students participate in math, science and social studies activities.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why the yellow blinking arrows?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What's up with Fun World?
- Ask Now: Does the city get involved when similar businesses seek to open?
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Ask Now: Does the city police department collect prescription drugs?
- Ask Now: Who reviews city architecture?
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Overnight parking on the street?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why has electronic recycling stopped?
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Stars and Stripes in a frame?
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity?
- Ask Now: How does one get appointed to a Brookfield committee?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Can ATVs be ridden in public right of way?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?