Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will happen to Applebee's in light of the Corners project?
Question: With construction planned to begin this year on the Corners development at Bluemound and Barker roads, what will happen to Applebee's?
Answer: Although Applebee's likely will close when construction on the Corners begins, the restaurant's management hopes it will be able to stay and become part of the development, or at least not move too far away.
Tim Randall, chief legal counsel for Wisconsin Hospitality Group, which operates the Applebee's at 20101 W. Bluemound Road, said the group has been in discussions with Corners developer Marcus Corp., but has not yet been able to settle on an agreement.
Randall said if they can come to a favorable agreement, it would be ideal for Applebee's to be part of the Corners, a 19-acre, mixed-use apartment and retail project to be anchored by Von Maur.
"I think the Corners is a really intriguing project and will do lot for the Brookfield market in terms of jobs and retail activity," Randall said. "We're excited about it."
If the parties can't come to an agreement, Randall said the company will try to keep a restaurant in the city. The current location has been in operation since 1991.
"We absolutely want to continue to be a member of the community," Randall said.
Email Rory Linnane with your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity?
- Ask Now: How does one get appointed to a Brookfield committee?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Can ATVs be ridden in public right of way?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: What is an arterial road?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why are dogs required to be licensed?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?