Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will happen to Applebee's in light of the Corners project?
Question: With construction planned to begin this year on the Corners development at Bluemound and Barker roads, what will happen to Applebee's?
Answer: Although Applebee's likely will close when construction on the Corners begins, the restaurant's management hopes it will be able to stay and become part of the development, or at least not move too far away.
Tim Randall, chief legal counsel for Wisconsin Hospitality Group, which operates the Applebee's at 20101 W. Bluemound Road, said the group has been in discussions with Corners developer Marcus Corp., but has not yet been able to settle on an agreement.
Randall said if they can come to a favorable agreement, it would be ideal for Applebee's to be part of the Corners, a 19-acre, mixed-use apartment and retail project to be anchored by Von Maur.
"I think the Corners is a really intriguing project and will do lot for the Brookfield market in terms of jobs and retail activity," Randall said. "We're excited about it."
If the parties can't come to an agreement, Randall said the company will try to keep a restaurant in the city. The current location has been in operation since 1991.
"We absolutely want to continue to be a member of the community," Randall said.
Email Rory Linnane with your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Ask Now: Are well owners hooked up to city water required to get permit?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove looks toward more walking paths
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?