Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will happen to Applebee's in light of the Corners project?
Question: With construction planned to begin this year on the Corners development at Bluemound and Barker roads, what will happen to Applebee's?
Answer: Although Applebee's likely will close when construction on the Corners begins, the restaurant's management hopes it will be able to stay and become part of the development, or at least not move too far away.
Tim Randall, chief legal counsel for Wisconsin Hospitality Group, which operates the Applebee's at 20101 W. Bluemound Road, said the group has been in discussions with Corners developer Marcus Corp., but has not yet been able to settle on an agreement.
Randall said if they can come to a favorable agreement, it would be ideal for Applebee's to be part of the Corners, a 19-acre, mixed-use apartment and retail project to be anchored by Von Maur.
"I think the Corners is a really intriguing project and will do lot for the Brookfield market in terms of jobs and retail activity," Randall said. "We're excited about it."
If the parties can't come to an agreement, Randall said the company will try to keep a restaurant in the city. The current location has been in operation since 1991.
"We absolutely want to continue to be a member of the community," Randall said.
Email Rory Linnane with your question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Burger King in the Town of Brookfield?
- Brookfield AskNOW for June 26: Where are the jobs?
- Ask NOW: Which side is the rich side of town?
- Ask NOW: How many elm trees does the Village of Elm Grove actually have?
- Ask NOW: Where did the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts get its name?
- Ask NOW: Should people take more care with their lawn care?
- Ask NOW: Can cars go over grass in order to pass on the right?
- Ask NOW: Reader wonders if bicyclists should use pathways
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident wonders when he is allowed to pass on the right
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident worried about pedestrians at Kinsey Park
- Ask NOW: How should residents handle suspicious solicitors?
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Ask NOW: Reader's question leads to signage change
- Ask NOW: Will Elmbrook Church respond to the gun left in the bathroom?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a stop sign at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Ask NOW: What can residents do about phone scams?
- Ask NOW: Is the emerald ash borer coming to Brookfield?