Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will become of the old Ethan Allen store?
Question: After seeing work going on inside, a reader wants to know what's going on inside the former Ethan Allen store on Capitol Drive.
Answer: The former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has been vacant for at least three years, could soon see new life.
AdSerts, an advertising agency currently located at 1675 N. Barker Road in Brookfield, plans to open a second location in the space.
Since Ethan Allen moved to Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, at least two other companies have considered the site, including Ducati Milwaukee and Pet Supplies Plus, Economic Development Director Tim Casey said.
Ducati ultimately decided on another building in West Allis. Pet Supplies Plus made plans to move there in 2012 and received final approval from the Common Council before deciding it wasn't an ideal location, he said.
AdSerts, which owns the building, got an occupancy permit from the city in October and plans to open in the next month, Casey said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Capitol Heights?
- Ask Now: Are well owners hooked up to city water required to get permit?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove looks toward more walking paths
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?