Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will become of the old Ethan Allen store?
Question: After seeing work going on inside, a reader wants to know what's going on inside the former Ethan Allen store on Capitol Drive.
Answer: The former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has been vacant for at least three years, could soon see new life.
AdSerts, an advertising agency currently located at 1675 N. Barker Road in Brookfield, plans to open a second location in the space.
Since Ethan Allen moved to Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, at least two other companies have considered the site, including Ducati Milwaukee and Pet Supplies Plus, Economic Development Director Tim Casey said.
Ducati ultimately decided on another building in West Allis. Pet Supplies Plus made plans to move there in 2012 and received final approval from the Common Council before deciding it wasn't an ideal location, he said.
AdSerts, which owns the building, got an occupancy permit from the city in October and plans to open in the next month, Casey said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Ask Now: Should Brookfield bikers be excited?
- Ask Now: What's going on with Burger King in the Town of Brookfield?
- Brookfield AskNOW for June 26: Where are the jobs?
- Ask NOW: Which side is the rich side of town?
- Ask NOW: How many elm trees does the Village of Elm Grove actually have?
- Ask NOW: Where did the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts get its name?
- Ask NOW: Should people take more care with their lawn care?
- Ask NOW: Can cars go over grass in order to pass on the right?
- Ask NOW: Reader wonders if bicyclists should use pathways
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident wonders when he is allowed to pass on the right
- Ask NOW: Brookfield resident worried about pedestrians at Kinsey Park
- Ask NOW: How should residents handle suspicious solicitors?
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Ask NOW: Reader's question leads to signage change
- Ask NOW: Will Elmbrook Church respond to the gun left in the bathroom?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a stop sign at Main Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Ask NOW: What can residents do about phone scams?
- Ask NOW: Is the emerald ash borer coming to Brookfield?