Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will become of the old Ethan Allen store?
Question: After seeing work going on inside, a reader wants to know what's going on inside the former Ethan Allen store on Capitol Drive.
Answer: The former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has been vacant for at least three years, could soon see new life.
AdSerts, an advertising agency currently located at 1675 N. Barker Road in Brookfield, plans to open a second location in the space.
Since Ethan Allen moved to Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, at least two other companies have considered the site, including Ducati Milwaukee and Pet Supplies Plus, Economic Development Director Tim Casey said.
Ducati ultimately decided on another building in West Allis. Pet Supplies Plus made plans to move there in 2012 and received final approval from the Common Council before deciding it wasn't an ideal location, he said.
AdSerts, which owns the building, got an occupancy permit from the city in October and plans to open in the next month, Casey said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Overnight parking on the street?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why has electronic recycling stopped?
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Stars and Stripes in a frame?
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity?
- Ask Now: How does one get appointed to a Brookfield committee?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Can ATVs be ridden in public right of way?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: What is an arterial road?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why are dogs required to be licensed?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?