Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
What will become of the old Ethan Allen store?
Question: After seeing work going on inside, a reader wants to know what's going on inside the former Ethan Allen store on Capitol Drive.
Answer: The former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has been vacant for at least three years, could soon see new life.
AdSerts, an advertising agency currently located at 1675 N. Barker Road in Brookfield, plans to open a second location in the space.
Since Ethan Allen moved to Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, at least two other companies have considered the site, including Ducati Milwaukee and Pet Supplies Plus, Economic Development Director Tim Casey said.
Ducati ultimately decided on another building in West Allis. Pet Supplies Plus made plans to move there in 2012 and received final approval from the Common Council before deciding it wasn't an ideal location, he said.
AdSerts, which owns the building, got an occupancy permit from the city in October and plans to open in the next month, Casey said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Ask Now: Library staff reorganization promotes flexibility
- Ask Now: When will the TIF referendum topic be discussed?
- Ask Now: Why are Christmas trees allowed in public spaces?
- Ask Now: What is MSO?
- Ask Now: Can you burn leaves in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Why are Brookfield utility bills going to West Allis?
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road?
- Ask Now: Do park hours change with the seasons?
- Ask Now: More roundabouts coming?
- Ask Now: How do I get an idea to the common council?
- Ask Now: Soil samples taken at Pilgrim and Gebhardt in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why the yellow blinking arrows?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What's up with Fun World?
- Ask Now: Does the city get involved when similar businesses seek to open?
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Ask Now: Does the city police department collect prescription drugs?
- Ask Now: Who reviews city architecture?
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?