Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Reader calls Brookfield Road pathway 'almost unusable'
Question: A reader said the wooden walking path on Brookfield Road south of Gebhardt Road is sinking and has become uneven. "Who designed this walkway, and shouldn't they be held responsible to correct the problems?" he asked.
Response: Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry Bill Kolstad said if there are any problems with the pathway, they will be caught in the department's annual inspection, which will take place in the next week.
The boardwalk starts in Rolling Meadows Park, runs south and stops short of Bluemound Road.
The path, which was constructed in 2012, is closed for parts of the winter because it cannot be plowed. It was open as of Tuesday, April 15, though dusted in snow.
Generally, Kolstad said, the winters don't affect the structures of the wooden pathways, which they also have at Mitchell Park. But it's been a particularly harsh winter.
If the path has sunk, Kolstad said, staff will be able to adjust its height where necessary.
Submit your question for Ask NOW by sending an email to Rory Linnane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Should bicyclists be on pathways?
- Ask Now: Elected officials' time off?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?