Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Rory Linnane answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Reader calls Brookfield Road pathway 'almost unusable'
Question: A reader said the wooden walking path on Brookfield Road south of Gebhardt Road is sinking and has become uneven. "Who designed this walkway, and shouldn't they be held responsible to correct the problems?" he asked.
Response: Director of Parks, Recreation and Forestry Bill Kolstad said if there are any problems with the pathway, they will be caught in the department's annual inspection, which will take place in the next week.
The boardwalk starts in Rolling Meadows Park, runs south and stops short of Bluemound Road.
The path, which was constructed in 2012, is closed for parts of the winter because it cannot be plowed. It was open as of Tuesday, April 15, though dusted in snow.
Generally, Kolstad said, the winters don't affect the structures of the wooden pathways, which they also have at Mitchell Park. But it's been a particularly harsh winter.
If the path has sunk, Kolstad said, staff will be able to adjust its height where necessary.
Submit your question for Ask NOW by sending an email to Rory Linnane at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: How much are TIFs costing the city?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What will be done about the Elm Grove railroad crossing?
- Brookfield Ask Now: What are the plow drivers up to?
- Ask Now: How is Elm Grove's future park plan coming along?
- Ask Now: Why is fiber optic cable being installed in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: A railroad crossing on Calhoun Road makes for a rough ride. Are changes planned?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Library staff reorganization promotes flexibility
- Ask Now: When will the TIF referendum topic be discussed?
- Ask Now: Why are Christmas trees allowed in public spaces?
- Ask Now: What is MSO?
- Ask Now: Can you burn leaves in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Why are Brookfield utility bills going to West Allis?
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road?
- Ask Now: Do park hours change with the seasons?