Is library's checkout process really most efficient?
Issue: A reader wants to know why the Brookfield Public Library doesn't have a single line at the checkout area instead of multiple lines that move at different speeds.
Status: Edell Schaefer, library director, said she has considered this idea, but one line would not be possible because of the building design. People are coming to the checkout from both the adult side and the children's side of the library so it would be difficult to have one line.
Schaefer added that there is a wall that restricts where the line could go and because of the limited space, one line would cause congestion and block people as they try to walk through that area.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: How much are TIFs costing the city?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What will be done about the Elm Grove railroad crossing?
- Brookfield Ask Now: What are the plow drivers up to?
- Ask Now: How is Elm Grove's future park plan coming along?
- Ask Now: Why is fiber optic cable being installed in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: A railroad crossing on Calhoun Road makes for a rough ride. Are changes planned?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Library staff reorganization promotes flexibility
- Ask Now: When will the TIF referendum topic be discussed?
- Ask Now: Why are Christmas trees allowed in public spaces?
- Ask Now: What is MSO?
- Ask Now: Can you burn leaves in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Why are Brookfield utility bills going to West Allis?
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road?
- Ask Now: Do park hours change with the seasons?