Just what are traffic cameras there for?
Issue: A reader noticed there are cameras attached to the new traffic lights along Capitol Drive at Lilly, Calhoun and Brookfield roads and wants to know what they are being used for. She is concerned they will be used to ticket drivers for driving through red or yellow lights.
Status: Michael Pyritz, Wisconsin Department of Transportation communications specialist, said the cameras were installed to detect the presence of vehicles in various lanes to control the signals, not to catch people running red lights.
"The cameras are user-friendly. They keep the flow of traffic going more smoothly and get people through the area with fewer delays and obstructions," Pyritz said.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market?
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development?
- Ask Now: Do police keep those who live near crime scenes more informed?
- Ask Now: Are there any special rules for owners of pit bulls?
- Ask Now: Can you move snow into the street in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: How much are TIFs costing the city?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What will be done about the Elm Grove railroad crossing?
- Brookfield Ask Now: What are the plow drivers up to?
- Ask Now: How is Elm Grove's future park plan coming along?