Does Brookfield have enough water?
Issue: A reader he heard that there is not enough water for the current Brookfield users.
Status: Tom Grisa, director of public works, said the city has enough water to serve all residents without needing additional sources. He said the water master plan originally estimated that the city will need more water than it actually does.
Grisa explained that there are a few reasons for the inaccurate report. First, when determining how much water would be needed, the report looked at water consumption in Brookfield from 1988 through 1998, he said. That time period included one of the worst draughts Brookfield has ever had so the water usage was extraordinary. Second, people are using less water now due to water efficient homes.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Why can't 16-year-olds check out movies at the Brookfield Public Library?
- Ask NOW: When is it too early to cut your grass?
- Ask NOW: Can an underage person drink alcohol if they are with a parent?
- Ask NOW: What types of animals are permitted on residential property?
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Ask NOW: Why are barns almost always painted red?
- Ask NOW: Did Marasco's Craft King close?
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Flashing yellow turn arrows becoming more widely used statewide
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Does traffic light timing change during snowstorms?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Was a Brookfield cemetery relocated due to construction?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?
- Ask NOW: Driver annoyed she can't turn left at 144th and Capitol
- Ask NOW: Are more changes planned for Imperial Park?
- Ask NOW: Where are city vehicles repaired?