Issue: Several readers have written to me because they are curious to know whether the Trader Joe's on Bluemound Road will still open for business as planned. According to the readers, there have been rumors that the store is no longer coming to Brookfield.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said the city has every reason to believe the store will open on schedule.
Ryan Marks, managing director of Ryan Companies, which is handling this development project, said things are going well and the store should open the first week of November. He added that the exterior is completed, and now the company is focusing on finishing the interior.
"Any suggestion that Trader Joe's will not be opening is misplaced," Ertl said. "We've heard this rumor at least 10 times now, but it is unsubstantiated.
"We're looking forward to having Trader Joe's join Brookfield's collection of fine stores."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: What is an arterial road?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why are dogs required to be licensed?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?