Is there a rumor you've heard you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy answers some of the mysteries of life in the Elmbrook area.
Can drivers turn right on red arrows?
Issue: A reader wrote to me about the intersection of Capitol Drive and Barker Road. She wants to know if it is legal to turn right when there is a red turn arrow. She explained that she usually waits for it to turn green but frequently gets honked at while waiting.
Status: Town of Brookfield Police Capt. Tim Imler said it is legal to turn right when the arrow is red at that intersection. He has gotten a few calls about that intersection and thinks the arrow might confuse some people.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email to email@example.com or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Why can't 16-year-olds check out movies at the Brookfield Public Library?
- Ask NOW: When is it too early to cut your grass?
- Ask NOW: Can an underage person drink alcohol if they are with a parent?
- Ask NOW: What types of animals are permitted on residential property?
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Ask NOW: Why are barns almost always painted red?
- Ask NOW: Did Marasco's Craft King close?
- Ask NOW: When will Brookfield expand its recycling program?
- Ask NOW: Flashing yellow turn arrows becoming more widely used statewide
- Ask NOW: Does the Brookfield Public Library routinely forgive fines?
- Does traffic light timing change during snowstorms?
- Ask NOW: What happens to blood after it's donated?
- Was a Brookfield cemetery relocated due to construction?
- Ask NOW: Has the city of Brookfield surveyed the white tail deer population this winter?
- Ask NOW: What happened to the Elm Grove Inn?
- Ask NOW: How are traffic cameras being used?
- Ask NOW: Who's responsible for clearing snow in city?
- Ask NOW: Driver annoyed she can't turn left at 144th and Capitol
- Ask NOW: Are more changes planned for Imperial Park?
- Ask NOW: Where are city vehicles repaired?