What new stores are slated to move into Brookfield?
Issue: Now that Trader Joe's is open, a reader wants to know if there are any other stores soon to open in Brookfield. She specifically asked for an update on the former Pepino's site at Calhoun Road and Capitol Drive and wanted to know where the the Von Maur store will be located.
Status: Dan Ertl, director of community development, said the city is still waiting to hear from the owners of the former Pepino's property.
Other stores are considering moving into the area but the city will not disclose the names of these stores until an official application has been filed.
Von Maur will be located near the former Menards, in the town of Brookfield.
Brookfield NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
BrookfieldNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road?
- Ask Now: Do park hours change with the seasons?
- Ask Now: More roundabouts coming?
- Ask Now: How do I get an idea to the common council?
- Ask Now: Soil samples taken at Pilgrim and Gebhardt in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why the yellow blinking arrows?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What's up with Fun World?
- Ask Now: Does the city get involved when similar businesses seek to open?
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Ask Now: Does the city police department collect prescription drugs?
- Ask Now: Who reviews city architecture?
- Ask Now: Who guards the lifeguards from the sun?
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Overnight parking on the street?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why has electronic recycling stopped?
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Stars and Stripes in a frame?
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity?
- Ask Now: How does one get appointed to a Brookfield committee?