A benefit for The Caring Place had a timely theme: A Run for the Roses, since it was held on the weekend of the Kentucky Derby. Striking oversized hats were worn by many of the women in keeping with the Derby tradition. Videotaped horse races offered guests the chance to bet with play money. Committee members who made the event a success included Lois Stowe, Sheri Lewis, Mary Fay and Mary Ruth Johnson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20
- News & Notes: May 20