A Milwaukee man faces more than 70 years in prison if convicted of selling cocaine to an undercover police officer in the cities of Brookfield and Waukesha, according to a criminal complaint.
Jose Gallegos Ramirez, 35, was held on $100,000 bail after making an initial appearance in Waukesha County Circuit Court on five felony charges and two misdemeanor counts.
According to the complaint:
Gallegos Ramirez met an undercover detective in the parking lot of Brookfield Square Mall, 95 N. Moorland Road, the evening of Aug. 4.
The detective purchased one ounce of cocaine from Gallegos Ramirez for $1,250.
On Sept. 15, the detective arranged to purchase six ounces of cocaine for $1,300 from Gallegos Ramirez in the parking lot of the Target at 2401 Kossow Road.
Gallegos Ramirez arrived with Constantino Lopez Andres, 38, of Milwaukee, and was arrested after completing the transaction.
Gallegos Ramirez faces felony charges of conspiracy to deliver 15 to 40 grams of cocaine, conspiracy to deliver more than 40 grams of cocaine and two counts of maintaining a drug-trafficking place. He also faces misdemeanor counts of bail-jumping.
Lopez Andres is charged with conspiracy to deliver more than 40 grams of cocaine and maintaining a drug-trafficking place. He faces a maximum sentence of more than 43 years in prison if convicted on both counts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Brookfield girl may have been locked in basement by parents
- Brookfield's St. John Vianney School presents 'Shrek the Musical'
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015