Beginning July 7, city of Brookfield crews will start to pick up tree damage from the recent wind storm from residential properties.
If you have tree damage and want the City to pick up this material, call the City Highway Division, (262) 782-5029, or send an email to Highway@ci.brookfield.wi.us by July 15.
Provide your address and the date you will have all tree damage material set out for pick up. Crews will coordinate pick up of material by neighborhood for efficiency.
This work will continue through July 18.
Property owners will be required to cut up the tree damage and place it at the edge of the road for city crews to pick up. Follow the guidelines below for proper length of material and where to place it so city crews can pick it up. If the material does not meet criteria below, crews will not be able to pick it up.
*Tree trunks and branches may not be longer than 10 feet in length.
*Tree trunks and branches must be 30" diameter or less.
*Remove excess dirt and rock from stumps.
*Place all material at the edge of the road. Material can be placed in driveways, but it must be near the edge of the road as City crews will not drive onto private property or
driveways to pick up material they cannot reach from the road.
*Do not place material in the roadway as it can be a hazard to motorists and others using
*Do not place material in ditches as it can float and cause flooding by blocking flow of rain water.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (1)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30