Run, Louis, run.
Elm Grove police stopped a 43-year-old Tucson, Ariz., man at Blue Mound Road at Hi View Court at 3:19 p.m. June 29 because he had been walking in the bus lane. A car had been following him with its flashers on.
It turns out that the man, Louis Figueroa, was the inspiration behind the 7,500-mile, cross-country trek in the movie "Forrest Gump."
He apparently is at it again as media reports say Figueroa is embarking another trek across America to raise awareness about childhood sexual abuse and the protection of children.
Elm Grove police notified Brookfield police. Figueroa was making his way along Blue Mound Road toward I-94.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area residents invited to join fight against paralysis
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- On The Move: Jan 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Residents invited to explore Germany
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered