Run, Louis, run.
Elm Grove police stopped a 43-year-old Tucson, Ariz., man at Blue Mound Road at Hi View Court at 3:19 p.m. June 29 because he had been walking in the bus lane. A car had been following him with its flashers on.
It turns out that the man, Louis Figueroa, was the inspiration behind the 7,500-mile, cross-country trek in the movie "Forrest Gump."
He apparently is at it again as media reports say Figueroa is embarking another trek across America to raise awareness about childhood sexual abuse and the protection of children.
Elm Grove police notified Brookfield police. Figueroa was making his way along Blue Mound Road toward I-94.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- Brookfield I-94 eastbound crash cleared, all lanes open
- I-94 at Moorland Road in Brookfield delayed by accident
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 2
- Brookfield Suites completes transformation to Embassy
- Elm Grove debates contracting with a community planner
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: June 2
- SURG to close HŌM Wood Fired Grill Brookfield location
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June