Run, Louis, run.
Elm Grove police stopped a 43-year-old Tucson, Ariz., man at Blue Mound Road at Hi View Court at 3:19 p.m. June 29 because he had been walking in the bus lane. A car had been following him with its flashers on.
It turns out that the man, Louis Figueroa, was the inspiration behind the 7,500-mile, cross-country trek in the movie "Forrest Gump."
He apparently is at it again as media reports say Figueroa is embarking another trek across America to raise awareness about childhood sexual abuse and the protection of children.
Elm Grove police notified Brookfield police. Figueroa was making his way along Blue Mound Road toward I-94.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Guest Editorial: From the Mayor: This Arbor Day, appreciate Brookfield's trees
- Residents asked to turn in unused prescription drugs
- Brookfield girl gets death threats from ex
- Police Report: April 22
- Your votes, your voice
- News & Notes: April 24
- For Earth Day, local officials reflect on environmental impact
- In Our Schools: April 21
- Hilton planned for town of Brookfield
- City annexes Safro dealership from town