Run, Louis, run.
Elm Grove police stopped a 43-year-old Tucson, Ariz., man at Blue Mound Road at Hi View Court at 3:19 p.m. June 29 because he had been walking in the bus lane. A car had been following him with its flashers on.
It turns out that the man, Louis Figueroa, was the inspiration behind the 7,500-mile, cross-country trek in the movie "Forrest Gump."
He apparently is at it again as media reports say Figueroa is embarking another trek across America to raise awareness about childhood sexual abuse and the protection of children.
Elm Grove police notified Brookfield police. Figueroa was making his way along Blue Mound Road toward I-94.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield (6)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved? (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Interactive: Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway (12)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30