Run, Louis, run.
Elm Grove police stopped a 43-year-old Tucson, Ariz., man at Blue Mound Road at Hi View Court at 3:19 p.m. June 29 because he had been walking in the bus lane. A car had been following him with its flashers on.
It turns out that the man, Louis Figueroa, was the inspiration behind the 7,500-mile, cross-country trek in the movie "Forrest Gump."
He apparently is at it again as media reports say Figueroa is embarking another trek across America to raise awareness about childhood sexual abuse and the protection of children.
Elm Grove police notified Brookfield police. Figueroa was making his way along Blue Mound Road toward I-94.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook Humane Society to collect much-needed items at 'Thank Dog It's Friday' event
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: July 9
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: July 9
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 2 (1)