A benefit held at 8-Twelve Restaurant to raise money for the Azana Salon shooting victims' families brought in nearly $62,000 last week.
Omar Shaikh, co-owner of SURG Restaurant Group, which sponsored the event, said the event more than doubled the organizers' goal of $30,000.
8-Twelve Restaurant partners Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers and Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers came up with the idea for the benefit and donated several autographed items to the silent auction.
Other items were donated by Kohl's Department Stores, the Milwaukee Bucks, the Milwaukee Wave and others.
Azana Salon and Spa will reopen Dec. 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Super Excavators speaks out against Brookfield at Capitol
- Girl Scouts practice teamwork for robotics competition
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Police Report: Dec. 17
- Wisconsin Hills students build teamwork in retreat
- Receive Brookfield, Elm Grove news on Facebook
- Woman to serve 2 years for stealing $225K from Brookfield company
- Juneau pathway being put to bid, again
- In Our Schools
- Drove over your cell phone? CPR may help