A benefit held at 8-Twelve Restaurant to raise money for the Azana Salon shooting victims' families brought in nearly $62,000 last week.
Omar Shaikh, co-owner of SURG Restaurant Group, which sponsored the event, said the event more than doubled the organizers' goal of $30,000.
8-Twelve Restaurant partners Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers and Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers came up with the idea for the benefit and donated several autographed items to the silent auction.
Other items were donated by Kohl's Department Stores, the Milwaukee Bucks, the Milwaukee Wave and others.
Azana Salon and Spa will reopen Dec. 1.
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26