A benefit held at 8-Twelve Restaurant to raise money for the Azana Salon shooting victims' families brought in nearly $62,000 last week.
Omar Shaikh, co-owner of SURG Restaurant Group, which sponsored the event, said the event more than doubled the organizers' goal of $30,000.
8-Twelve Restaurant partners Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers and Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers came up with the idea for the benefit and donated several autographed items to the silent auction.
Other items were donated by Kohl's Department Stores, the Milwaukee Bucks, the Milwaukee Wave and others.
Azana Salon and Spa will reopen Dec. 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mayoral candidates discuss budgeting, communication
- You asked, mayoral hopefuls answered
- Man pleads not guilty to sexual assault in Brookfield
- Elmbrook candidates discuss board member roles, block scheduling at forum
- On the Move 03/13/14
- Soerens dealership plans remodel, expansion in Brookfield
- In Our Schools: March 13
- Brookfield orthodontist challenges alderman over Sileno quarry
- Haukohl serves Brookfield well, deserves another term
- Business Spotlight: Local art gallery boasts diversified collection