A benefit held at 8-Twelve Restaurant to raise money for the Azana Salon shooting victims' families brought in nearly $62,000 last week.
Omar Shaikh, co-owner of SURG Restaurant Group, which sponsored the event, said the event more than doubled the organizers' goal of $30,000.
8-Twelve Restaurant partners Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers and Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers came up with the idea for the benefit and donated several autographed items to the silent auction.
Other items were donated by Kohl's Department Stores, the Milwaukee Bucks, the Milwaukee Wave and others.
Azana Salon and Spa will reopen Dec. 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook fundraiser initiative connects local businesses with area schools
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal
- Brookfield Church donates, packages over 1,000 Thanksgiving meals