Vicki and I are raising our family in this wonderful community. It's part of who we are, and I can't think of another city that can match the quality of life that Brookfield has to offer. It's the perfect blend of city and country. And I propose keeping it that way.
In the past year, the economic environment in our country has presented great challenges for all of us. As your alderman, I pledge to provide the navigation necessary to maintain Brookfield's fiscal soundness and our AAA bond rating. I also promise to preserve the integrity of our residential neighborhoods and work toward maintaining strong property values with low property taxes. In addition, I vow to promote all public safety issues and other initiatives that enhance our well-being while protecting the attributes that make the city of Brookfield a great place to raise a family and retire.
I would be honored to continue serving you.
Your vote counts. Please vote April 6.
Gary D. Mahkorn
alderman, 5th District
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man charged with fleeing Brookfield police making drunken driving stop
- City: Drinking water is safe despite contamination warning
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case
- Residents wait for answers on cell tower
- Business owners launch school funding initiative
- Elmbrook students honor most influential teachers
- St. John Vianney celebrates year's end with Grills and Guitars
- High school seniors can leave building during study hall period