Quite simply our community and, frankly, our world need more men like Robert Ziegler. Ziegler is running for re-election to the Elmbrook School Board. He is a man who leads quietly, steadfastly and by example. His dedication to students and the School Board is evident not only by his service to the board but also the community. He is affectionately known as "Coach Bob" to hundreds of Elmbrook students whom he coaches on soccer and baseball teams for students with special needs. He has reached out to involve high school and middle school students in service projects and has quietly donated his School Board salary to purchase a laser engraver for the Brookfield Central technical education program.
At a time when our district is facing significant budget cuts, we feel it is critical to have board members who clearly have the best interest of our students in mind. Additionally, for our children, it is critical to have leaders who lead with integrity, humility and selflessness both in word and in deed. Robert Ziegler has all of these qualities and more. We pledge our support and encourage you to pledge yours in his re-election bid.
Michelle M. Agnew Schmit
Brian D. Schmit
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield to host hazardous waste collection June 1
- Business Calendar: May 16-29
- Elmbrook School District likely to cut 25-30 positions
- Brookfield mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser to help Boston Marathon victims
- Police report: May 21
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition