I've known Kathryn Wilson for several years and saw firsthand her commitment to our community and school district through her leadership role in redeveloping the Gifted and Talented Parent Advisory Board. Kathryn demonstrated unique leadership abilities by reaching out to parents to gather their input and concerns about the district's G/T program. In turn, she was able to effectively communicate that feedback to the district's administration and teachers. Her efforts resulted in dramatic improvements to the G/T identification process, parent and teacher communications, and implementation of the new policy. Kathryn spent countless hours of personal time researching this topic and disseminating to the Parent Advisory Board.
I have always found Kathryn to be articulate, thorough, attentive to detail, and most importantly, one of the best listeners I have ever encountered. Her dedication and experience is evident through a plethora of volunteer work. I truly believe Kathryn's only agenda is to offer her skills and time to help navigate the school district through some inevitable stormy waters as revenues continue to decline and costs increase.
Kathryn is familiar with many aspects of the school district through her involvement on numerous school district committees (Curriculum Planning Committee, Middle School Schedule Study Team, Distance Learning Study Team and Class Rank Committee), as a mother of four children enrolled in elementary through high school, and longevity in our community. You can find out more about Kathryn by e-mailing your questions to email@example.com or go to wilsonelmbrookschoolboard.info.
I hope you'll join me in supporting Kathryn Wilson for School Board.
District 7 alderwoman,
city of Brookfield
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- St. John Vianney receives three 'Exemplary' awards from Archdiocese
- Brookfield, Elmbrook School District may team up on new Internet network
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Elmbrook School District celebrates its first 50 years
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun