Tonawanda Elementary School will be closed this week after a fourth-grade student was confirmed to have the swine flu virus.
The school will be closed Monday, May 4, through Friday, May 8, by order of the Waukesha County Health Department. The school is expected to reopen Monday, May 11.
District officials said lost class time will not be made up; teachers will prioritize curriculum for the remaining school year.
Superintendent Matt Gibson notified district families of the closure via a recorded phone message, asking that Tonawanda students avoid contact with one another during the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center