Tonawanda Elementary School will be closed this week after a fourth-grade student was confirmed to have the swine flu virus.
The school will be closed Monday, May 4, through Friday, May 8, by order of the Waukesha County Health Department. The school is expected to reopen Monday, May 11.
District officials said lost class time will not be made up; teachers will prioritize curriculum for the remaining school year.
Superintendent Matt Gibson notified district families of the closure via a recorded phone message, asking that Tonawanda students avoid contact with one another during the week.
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Wisconsin Athletic Club nearing town of Brookfield opening
- Elm Grove setting up for second Great Campout
- Brookfield officials happy to see Biloba expansion (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: July 21
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- In Brief: Local legislators unchallenged, county clerk faces contest
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 21
- Brookfield jewelry store hit by burglars