Tonawanda Elementary School will be closed this week after a fourth-grade student was confirmed to have the swine flu virus.
The school will be closed Monday, May 4, through Friday, May 8, by order of the Waukesha County Health Department. The school is expected to reopen Monday, May 11.
District officials said lost class time will not be made up; teachers will prioritize curriculum for the remaining school year.
Superintendent Matt Gibson notified district families of the closure via a recorded phone message, asking that Tonawanda students avoid contact with one another during the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield couple's theater company keeps growing
- Brookfield police suspect wallet theft part of organized crime ring
- Elm Grove trustees endorse path as priority
- Elmbrook School District's ACT results reach all-time high (4)
- Elmbrook Humane Society waives certain adoption fees for National Bow Tie Day
- Longtime Elm Grove servant passes away
- Waukesha County endorses Poplar Creek project's conditional use permit
- School Notes: Aug. 27, 2015