Tonawanda Elementary School will be closed this week after a fourth-grade student was confirmed to have the swine flu virus.
The school will be closed Monday, May 4, through Friday, May 8, by order of the Waukesha County Health Department. The school is expected to reopen Monday, May 11.
District officials said lost class time will not be made up; teachers will prioritize curriculum for the remaining school year.
Superintendent Matt Gibson notified district families of the closure via a recorded phone message, asking that Tonawanda students avoid contact with one another during the week.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man charged with fleeing Brookfield police making drunken driving stop
- City: Drinking water is safe despite contamination warning
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case
- Residents wait for answers on cell tower
- Business owners launch school funding initiative
- Elmbrook students honor most influential teachers
- St. John Vianney celebrates year's end with Grills and Guitars
- High school seniors can leave building during study hall period