During the next two weeks Elmbrook School District will solicit bids for heating and cooling work at Pilgrim Park Middle School, but the School Board won't give final approval to the project - or decide whether to include air conditioning - until Tuesday, March 24.
School Board members have asked for separated bids that will show the cost of system replacement with and without air conditioning.
The most recent cost estimate for the project was $3.51 million, including air conditioning, according to a memo from Bob Borch, assistant superintendent of finance and operations.
Scott Miller, director of facilities management, said that one bid has been received for the project so far. It is from J.F. Ahern Co., a Fond du Lac-based company that assisted with the project's engineering work.
Miller would not disclose the amount of the offer, but said it would not be accepted.
"We consider it to be very high," Miller said.
School Board members debated the issue March 10, some asking whether repairs could be put off another year.
The board is expected to choose a bid and decide whether to include air conditioning at its next meeting, held at Elmbrook's Central Administrative Office, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield, at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20
- News & Notes: May 20
- Man charged with fleeing Brookfield police making drunken driving stop
- City: Brookfield drinking water is safe despite contamination warning
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case