During the next two weeks Elmbrook School District will solicit bids for heating and cooling work at Pilgrim Park Middle School, but the School Board won't give final approval to the project - or decide whether to include air conditioning - until Tuesday, March 24.
School Board members have asked for separated bids that will show the cost of system replacement with and without air conditioning.
The most recent cost estimate for the project was $3.51 million, including air conditioning, according to a memo from Bob Borch, assistant superintendent of finance and operations.
Scott Miller, director of facilities management, said that one bid has been received for the project so far. It is from J.F. Ahern Co., a Fond du Lac-based company that assisted with the project's engineering work.
Miller would not disclose the amount of the offer, but said it would not be accepted.
"We consider it to be very high," Miller said.
School Board members debated the issue March 10, some asking whether repairs could be put off another year.
The board is expected to choose a bid and decide whether to include air conditioning at its next meeting, held at Elmbrook's Central Administrative Office, 13780 Hope St., Brookfield, at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 24.
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26