The Elmbrook School District welcomed two more members to its administration this summer.
Johnston has served as the director of buildings and grounds for the Oshkosh Area School District for the past six years.
He was instrumental in the passage of a $6.5 million deferred maintenance referendum and helped implement $21.5 million in energy efficiency projects, the Elmbrook School District reported in a news release. Before his position in Oshkosh, Johnston worked for the Omro School District in a similar role.
"I am excited to be with the Elmbrook Schools and to lead a facilities team that is highly valued and takes great pride in its work," Johnston stated. "I look forward to working collaboratively with staff and students to provide quality services efficiently, and to maintain the long-term vision that exists for facility planning in the district."
Johnston's office will be located in Wisconsin Hills Middle School, 18700 W. Wisconsin Avenue.
The district also welcomed Holly Lee as its program coordinator for Fairview South School, 3525 Bermuda Blvd., this summer.
Lee has served as an Autism Educational Consultant for southeastern Wisconsin's regional cooperative agency, CESA #1. Lee has served as a special-education teacher, a psychometrist analyzing psychological and educational assessment data, and a clinical coordinator for the Oconomowoc Developmental Training Center.
"Through my work as a consultant with the students, staff and families at Fairview South, I have been impressed with the mission-driven purpose of this school community," Lee stated. "To be given the opportunity to direct the cooperative program is both an honor and a privilege."
Other previously announced recent hires include Director of Secondary Education Ryan Oertel and Burleigh Elementary School Principal Christian Pleister.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: June 30
- Brookfield's Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts names Lynn Sprangers new president and CEO
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (8)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)