Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
A resident asks: There is a two-story building on Capitol Drive west of Calhoun Road just past the water tower that has been unoccupied for years. What is the status of that building?
Answer: The Capitol Heights building at 17400 W. Capitol Drive has been purchased by Ring & DuChateau, Inc., an engineering firm currently based out of Wauwatosa.
The company purchased the building for $1.5 million from AnchorBank.
"They're bringing employment to Brookfield from a different community, so we're excited about the economic development," City of Brookfield Director of Community Development Dan Ertl said.
The building offers approximately 25,000 square feet of space and was owned by Venture Development Inc. prior to being foreclosed on by AnchorBank in May of 2012.
"It got wrapped up in a variety of circumstances that led to its vacancy. It got wrapped up in the great recession," Ertl said. "But now it's going to be put to productive use."
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at email@example.com.
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- Ask Now: What ever happened to all the changes for Capitol Drive?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will BEGIN host more programs?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: How can a young person help out at the humane society?
- Ask Now: Will there be a lighting test at Golf Parkway?
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Ask Now: More details about city voters?
- Ask Now: What's happening on Riverview Road?
- Ask Now: With all the Bluemound Road development, has the Village been forgotten?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Are referendums for TIFs any closer?
- Ask Now: Where is the Elm Grove Library headed?
- Ask Now: Will Visit Brookfield use the Ruby farmhouse?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: What makes a left turn arrow appropriate?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Any thoughts of turkey population control?
- Ask Now: Why can trains blow horns in Brookfield?
- Brookfield Ask Now: When will Calhoun Road be improved?