Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
A resident asks: There is a two-story building on Capitol Drive west of Calhoun Road just past the water tower that has been unoccupied for years. What is the status of that building?
Answer: The Capitol Heights building at 17400 W. Capitol Drive has been purchased by Ring & DuChateau, Inc., an engineering firm currently based out of Wauwatosa.
The company purchased the building for $1.5 million from AnchorBank.
"They're bringing employment to Brookfield from a different community, so we're excited about the economic development," City of Brookfield Director of Community Development Dan Ertl said.
The building offers approximately 25,000 square feet of space and was owned by Venture Development Inc. prior to being foreclosed on by AnchorBank in May of 2012.
"It got wrapped up in a variety of circumstances that led to its vacancy. It got wrapped up in the great recession," Ertl said. "But now it's going to be put to productive use."
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How does one get appointed to a Brookfield committee?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Can ATVs be ridden in public right of way?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: What is an arterial road?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why are dogs required to be licensed?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?