still enrolling for the fall
Brookfield Academy (pre-kindergarten through 12th grade) is still enrolling for the fall semester.
Openings are available at several grade levels.
The academy is located at 3460 N. Brookfield Road. For a tour and more information, contact the admissions office at (262) 783-3200.
Elmbrook to host parent nights, open houses
The Elmbrook School District has scheduled parent information nights for parents of middle school students, and open house tours for parents of high school students. The dates and times are:
· Pilgrim Park Middle School: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 10.
· Wisconsin Hills Middle School: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
· Brookfield Central High School: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
· Brookfield East High School: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 3.
Elm Grove Lutheran mourns death of teacher
The following statement was released from Elm Grove Lutheran School last week: "With sorrow, Elm Grove Lutheran School announces the sudden death of their 5th grade Homeroom and Literature teacher, Karen Friedrich. She was a strong, loving Christian woman, who taught at Elm Grove Lutheran School for 17 years. She worked closely with her fellow teachers and was well known for her love for her students. The Elm Grove Lutheran community grieves her loss but takes comfort in her strong faith in her Lord."
Friedrich died July 25 at the age of 61. She had taught for 39 years, mos recently at Elm Grove Lutheran.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Brookfield girl may have been locked in basement by parents
- Brookfield's St. John Vianney School presents 'Shrek the Musical'
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015