The city of Brookfield Police Department is reaching out for assistance in its pursuit of a robbery suspect.
The case revolves around a suspect who robbed Open Pantry, 17235 W. Bluemound Road, shortly after 5 p.m. on the evening of July 16. The suspect claimed to have a gun and demanded money from the cash register. The suspect warned that if police arrived within 10 minutes, he would return and shoot someone.
The suspect is a white male between 5'7" and 6'0" who wore black shorts, a black jacket, sunglasses, and a camouflage baseball cap. The cap appeared to have a red emblem on the front that one witness described as possibly being the "W" logo of the Wisconsin Badgers.
Having exhausted their leads, Brookfield Police are now reaching out to the community for assistance in identifying the perpetrator.
"We weren't able to get anywhere, so now we're just trying to get the community involved," Captain Phil Horter said.
Brookfield Police have found little to go off of after checking with other law enforcement agencies for similar incidents and canvassing nearby businesses for any information on suspects or suspicious persons.
"There was one time where we did follow up on a potential suspect, but that suspect was eliminated (from suspicion)," Horter said.
Horter noted that there can be incentives available to citizens providing information that leads to an arrest in cases like this.
"There is a possibility for citizens supplying information receiving a reward through Crime Stoppers," Horter said. "We can certainly assist with setting that up."
Crime Stoppers is a crime prevention organization that offers anonymity and cash rewards.
Horter urges anyone who may have information on the robbery to contact the city of Brookfield Police Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook fundraiser initiative connects local businesses with area schools
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal
- Brookfield Church donates, packages over 1,000 Thanksgiving meals