Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield aldermen to vote next week on Irgens financial aid
- Businesses team up to help victims of domestic violence
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 2
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 2
- Business Spotlight: Sensible Gurus of Brookfield understands that peace of mind is knowing your tech
- Thinking outside the boxes: Elmbrook's Pilgrim Park students build Rube Goldberg machines from household items
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- Milwaukee-area teens aim to continue fight against teen suicide