Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Poplar Creek development granted pair of requests
- Brookfield panel seeks to avoid another Bluemound in Capitol Drive
- Home2Suites receives final approval from town of Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 6
- Poplar Creek, Home2Suites highlight town board agenda
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does the city get involved in the market?
- 124th street extension off the table despite Elm Grove support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Aug. 6
- Elmbrook aims to increase staff satisfaction after seeing low trends in annual survey
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Aug. 6