Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save teeth, help troops
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Brief: Oct. 30
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's 'Peter Pan' fall musical
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent