Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BEAST Robotics asks mentors, volunteers to join the club for 2015 season
- Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mark Peperkorn named Associate Principal of the Year for Wisconsin
- Town of Brookfield police seek robbery suspect
- Taste of the Town: Loaf and Jug knows that some things should remain unchanged
- In Brief: School Notes
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 25
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Things to Do: Dec. 25
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Former Brookfield East soccer coach finishes second music CD
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?