Barker Road will be closed between Capitol Drive and North Ave. starting Monday, Aug. 18.
The Waukesha County Department of Public Works will be working on a failing cross culvert located south of Capitol Drive during the closure. The department estimates that the work will be completed by Sept. 20.
A detour will be posted. When approaching the closed portion of Barker Road from the south, drivers should turn west on North Ave. to Springdale Road, proceed north to Capitol Drive, and then east back to Barker Road. From the north, drivers can find passage by taking Capitol Drive west to Springdale Road, going south to North Ave., and then proceeding east until reaching Barker Road again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Vacant Brookfield church may soon have new tenants
- Emerald Ash Borer discovered in Elm Grove
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Brookfield officer honored for heroism
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 7
- In Our Schools: May 7, 2015
- Falls board considers appointing trustee to fill vacant seat
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Brookfield, Elm Grove libraries expand roles in community