Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and Elm Grove and helps solve everyday problems.
Is there any news for the vacant parts of Plaza 173 on Bluemound Road?
Answer: There are some preliminary plans in the works for Plaza 173.
HSA Commercial, Inc. based out of Chicago, is planning on expanding Plaza 173, located at 17300 W. Bluemound Road, by over 16,000 square feet as part of their hopes of developing a new, organic grocery store at the site.
The project was reviewed by the City of Brookfield's Plan Commission at its June 9 meeting and commissioners voted unanimously to set a public information meeting and a public hearing for the project.
The expansion of the structure would see its size increased from 95,730 square feet to 112,530 square feet.
Commissioners, while allowing the information meeting and hearing to be set, did express some concerns with the project.
The project's plan for stormwater; a heavy screen proposed to divide between the building and the residential units to the north; traffic; and architectural enhancement were the four concerns raised by the plan commission.
As of July 29, City of Brookfield Director of Community Development Dan Ertl says that no plans addressing those concerns have been submitted.
The building's expansion would require a portion of land to the north to be rezoned from residential to commercial.
The public information meeting for the project is set for Aug. 13 while the public hearing will precede the City of Brookfield's Common Council meeting on Aug. 19.
Email your questions to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?
- Ask Now: Where should Brookfield residents take their Christmas trees?
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Ask Now: Wireless dead zones, what is to be done?
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When will the Watertown Plank railroad crossing be smoother?
- Ask Now: Path sharing problems in Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Ask Now: Is Big Brother watching you?
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: The weeds are back — who is responsible?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Is River Birch Drive a public trail or a private drive?