Two Public Hearings will be held on July 15 at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road.
The first will address Lilly Preserve, located at the northwest corner of W. Burleigh Road and N. Lilly Road. The property, which currently stands as an open field, is going through the planning process for three apartment buildings containing 77 luxury apartments developed at the site by Phelan Development.
The buildings were part of a development that was originally proposed to host 96 units, but saw that number rejected by the city of Brookfield Plan Commission last year.
"They have addressed most, if not all, of the issues addressed by the Plan Commission and have re-presented their project," City of Brookfield director of community development Dan Ertl said.
The project will go back before the Plan Commission at its Aug. 11 meeting. Citizens will have a chance to voice their opinions on the project next Tuesday, July 15.
Ertl noted that no one attended a prior public information meeting for the project.
While the project is in close proximity to Brookfield East High School as well as Brookfield Christian Reformed Church, Ertl feels the area is ready and capable of dealing with the additional traffic.
The second public hearing will address a new office building to be built at 13785 W. North Ave. The property currently consists of an abandoned gas station and a vacant lot.
"Both would be rezoned to allow this professional office building to be constructed and the associated parking with it," Ertl said.
The building, at two stories and 14,844 square feet, would likely house multiple tenants.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Nov. Dec. 7
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion (1)
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm