Is there a rumor you'd like tracked down? Geoff Bruce answers some of the mysteries of life in Brookfield and helps solve everyday problems.
Who's got more money?
Question: Between the City of Brookfield and the Village of Elm Grove, which municipality is wealthier per household?
Response: According to a relatively brief look at U.S. Census data, the Village of Elm Grove appears to be the wealthier municipality per household.
According to quickfacts.census.gov, the Village of Elm Grove has higher median values of owner-occupied housing units and higher median household incomes.
The median value of owner-occupied housing units refers to the exact middle of values obtained from respondents in the census. The median divides the value distribution into two equal parts: One-half of the cases falling below the median value and one-half above. Median values are rounded to the nearest hundred dollars. Each value is the respondent's estimate of how much their property, including both house and lot, would sell for if it were for sale.
This tabulation includes only one-family houses on less than 10 acres without a business or medical office on the property.
The median value of owner-occupied housing in Elm Grove is $375,700. Meanwhile, the median value of owner-occupied housing in the City of Brookfield is $280,800.
Median household income refers to the middle of household incomes in data obtained by the census. Household income includes the income of the householder and all other individuals 15 years old and over in the household, whether they are related to the householder or not.
The City of Brookfield's median household income according to the U.S. Census Bureau is $88,012. Meanwhile, Elm Grove's median household income is listed as $109,933.
Email your question to Geoff Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity?
- Ask Now: How does one get appointed to a Brookfield committee?
- Brookfield Ask Now: Can ATVs be ridden in public right of way?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Has the mayor always broken ties?
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Ask Now: Why isn't the city on Facebook?
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Ask Now: What is an arterial road?
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Why are dogs required to be licensed?
- Ask Now: How much is public service worth in the city of Brookfield?
- Ask Now: Is there wifi at Brookfield city hall?
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: When does Brookfield send the plows out?
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield or Elm Grove have more library lovers?