The Central 4ward capital improvement project has reached 93 percent of its goal for a new pavilion — but a remaining $27,500 needs to be raised by April 1 in order to begin construction.
Central 4ward is a parent-led capital campaign to improve Brookfield Central High School's outdoor athletic facilities via a four-phase process.
The campaign is a collaborative effort between Brookfield Central parents, the school's Lancer Athletic Booster Club and the Elmbrook School District.
"We've had a great working relationship during the first two phases of this project with the school district," said Tom Knopp, chairman of Central 4ward. "We're excited about how everyone — parents, administrators and community members — came together to make this happen."
The first phase, installation of a new baseball field, was completed in May of 2013.
The second phase of the campaign would be the development of a concession and restroom pavilion, estimated to cost $420,000.
A donor suggested placing inspirational quotes within the pavilion's design and project members immediately embraced the idea, Knopp said.
"We're going to get creative on how to incorporate positive sayings — like 'Be a Lancer' or 'Lead by example' — into the development and make them permanent. We think it'll be a motivating place for the focal point of our outdoor athletics," Knopp said.
However, if the financial goal is not met by the April 1 deadline, "we'll have to push construction off another year," he said.
About half the money raised came from the project's brick sale, through which donors can purchase personalized bricks that will be used in the pavilion structure.
Fundraising events for the remaining two phases of the capital project — a new tennis complex, a girls softball field and other site and walkway improvements — are projected for the future.
■ Head to Razoo.com/story/Central-4ward to make a donation or purchase an engraveable brick. The deadline to purchase a brick is March 15.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Holiday Happenings 2015
- Swanson Elementary Cub Scouts to collect donations for seventh annual Ben Levie Toy Drive
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Nov. Dec. 7
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion (1)
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26