The Brookfield Plan Commission and Park and Recreation Commission will jointly consider a new set of plans for the Sileno Quarry in a special meeting Monday. The proposal includes 112 luxury apartments and the potential for a park or conservancy.
Mark Regal, a leader with Brookfield Residents Against the Dump, said in December he had accepted an offer to purchase the land at 13505 W. Burleigh Road on the condition that he could get a development agreement with the city. He owns the Regal Crest Village Apartments adjacent to the site.
Mark and Christina Regal, through their company MRCR, submitted conceptual plans to the city that include construction of apartment buildings on 10 acres along Burleigh Road, a minor portion of the 85-acre property they are under contract to purchase.
The remaining 75 acres would go to a not-for-profit or government entity for conservation purposes, with 13 of the acres south of the water potentially going to the city of Brookfield for a park.
Alan Marcuvitz, legal representative for the Regals, assured in a letter to city staff that the Regals are sticking to their original goal of having "no trucking of fill to the site."
The Regals requested the meeting to get feedback on the plans and determine whether the city would accept a donation of land for a park. No action will be taken.
The meeting will be at 7 p.m. Monday at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road.
See the full staff report here: http://www.ci.brookfield.wi.us/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/3694.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes; May 5
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- In Brief: No truth to rumors that Elm Grove Sendik's will close, village president says
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: May 5
- Elmbrook Schools to host first Fine Arts Festival
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 5
- Elm Grove and AT&T still in a standoff over Watertown Plank bridge (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 5
- Brookfield's Borkowski to spend summer touring with Kids from Wisconsin