The Brookfield Plan Commission and Park and Recreation Commission will jointly consider a new set of plans for the Sileno Quarry in a special meeting Monday. The proposal includes 112 luxury apartments and the potential for a park or conservancy.
Mark Regal, a leader with Brookfield Residents Against the Dump, said in December he had accepted an offer to purchase the land at 13505 W. Burleigh Road on the condition that he could get a development agreement with the city. He owns the Regal Crest Village Apartments adjacent to the site.
Mark and Christina Regal, through their company MRCR, submitted conceptual plans to the city that include construction of apartment buildings on 10 acres along Burleigh Road, a minor portion of the 85-acre property they are under contract to purchase.
The remaining 75 acres would go to a not-for-profit or government entity for conservation purposes, with 13 of the acres south of the water potentially going to the city of Brookfield for a park.
Alan Marcuvitz, legal representative for the Regals, assured in a letter to city staff that the Regals are sticking to their original goal of having "no trucking of fill to the site."
The Regals requested the meeting to get feedback on the plans and determine whether the city would accept a donation of land for a park. No action will be taken.
The meeting will be at 7 p.m. Monday at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road.
See the full staff report here: http://www.ci.brookfield.wi.us/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/3694.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Brookfield girl may have been locked in basement by parents
- Brookfield's St. John Vianney School presents 'Shrek the Musical'
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015