No injuries were reported, but 14 homes were evacuated when firefighters responded to a natural gas leak in the 4600 block of North 147th Street about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday.
The gas leaked from an underground main into area homes. We Energies turned off the gas to 14 homes, and five homes lost power.
Sixteen city of Brookfield firefighters helped We Energies ventilate the affected homes, and residents were able to return home about 3 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth