City of Brookfield
1Two men took four bottles of tequila, a $160 value, from Piggly Wiggly, 2315 N. 124th St., about 1 p.m. Jan. 26. When they returned to the store about 2 p.m. Jan. 30, the manager recognized them and called police, who arrested them for retail theft.
2Two women, 21 and 25, were arrested for taking Justin Bieber merchandise from Party City, 16900 W. Bluemound Road, about noon Jan. 28. One woman reportedly distracted employees while the other concealed the items.
3A man reached over the counter at GameStop in Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, and took two PlayStation controllers while an employee was distracted by another customer about 8 p.m. Jan. 30. The store intends to prosecute.
4Someone took $1,700 worth of bras from Victoria's Secret at Brookfield Square, 95 N. Moorland Road, between 10 and 10:40 a.m. Jan. 31.
5Electronics were taken from a truck in the 2300 block of North 124th Street before 6:50 p.m. Jan. 31. One of the truck's windows was smashed to gain entry.
6Two women, both 24, were arrested for taking $66 worth of Justin Bieber merchandise at Factory Card Outlet, 16900 W. Bluemound Road, about 1 p.m. Feb. 2. They had concealed cups, plates, napkins, balloons, bags and invitations that they told officers they wanted to use for a Super Bowl party.
7Two boys, 17 and 16, were arrested for possession of marijuana in the 15700 block of W. Capitol Drive about 5:30 p.m. Jan. 2. One of the boys contacted his mother before police did, telling her, "Mom, I love you. You are going to be getting a phone call real soon." Police called the mother shortly after, and both boys were picked up by their parents.
8A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 19200 block of North Hills Drive about 11:45 p.m. Jan. 27 after someone called police to report that the man's car seemed to be stuck in the snow.
9A resident in an apartment in the 1300 block of Greenway Terrace called police to report that the neighbors below him were pounding on their ceiling — his floor —about 5:30 p.m. Jan. 27. Police contacted the neighbors, who said they were telling him to "shut up" because he was talking on the phone at an extreme volume and they couldn't hear their television.
· A Brookfield resident notified police about noon Jan. 28 that someone had called him claiming to be his grandson. The caller said he had been arrested for drunken driving and needed bail money. The Brookfield resident called his grandson at work and confirmed the phone call had been a scam.
10An employee at 21045 Enterprise Ave. was escorted out of the building after spitting on a shift supervisor during an argument about 9:30 p.m. Jan. 28. The employee was terminated.
11A man was warned after reportedly tailgating a woman, then slowing down to take her picture when she pulled over to let him pass, near Interstate 94 and Grandview Boulevard about 11 a.m. Jan. 30.
12A black Labrador dog found walking and shivering in the middle of Pilgrim Park Road near Indian Creek Parkway was taken by police to the Elmbrook Humane Society about 12:15 a.m. Jan. 31. The dog didn't have any tags.
13A Milwaukee man was arrested after a woman working in the 13400 block of Bishops Lane reported about 11 a.m. Jan. 31 that he was sending her threatening texts and phone calls. He sent her photos of guns, said he would kill her and her kids, and sent a text that reportedly said she started a war and he hopes she can finish it.
14A man punched a woman in the face and took her purse in the 4700 block of North 124th Street about 6 p.m. Jan. 31.
Town of Brookfield
15A Hartland woman was arrested for drunken driving near Interstate 94 and Moreland Boulevard about 2 a.m. Jan. 22. The woman said she had consumed two or three beers. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.104.
Village of Elm Grove
16A man was arrested for drunken driving in the 14900 block of Bluemound Road about 10 p.m. Feb. 2 after he was seen deviating from his lane. His BAC was 0.20.
17Police were unable to find the driver of a U-Haul reported for disorderly conduct at BP, 13395 Watertown Plank Road, about 6:45 p.m. Jan. 27. The driver was annoyed that his card wouldn't work and he would have to prepay for the gas. He dropped the "F word" several times as he left, and the clerk smiled at him. The man then went back inside, asked the clerk if he thought the situation was funny, and told the clerk he had his license plate number and would follow him home.
18A woman said someone struck the rear bumper of her car while it was parked at The Village Court, 890 Elm Grove Road, between 6:15 and 9:30 p.m. Jan. 30.
19A man was arrested for disorderly conduct at Mobil, 15340 Bluemound Road, about 8:15 a.m. Feb. 1 after someone took away his keys and tried to stop him from getting back in his car because he seemed intoxicated.
20A police officer killed a possum in a woman's backyard in the 1100 block of Lone Tree Road after she called in saying it appeared aggressive about 5 p.m. Feb. 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 12
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 29
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 22
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 15
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 8
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 24
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 17
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 10
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 20
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 13
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 6
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 16