The City of Brookfield Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry offers youth baseball, softball and T-ball leagues for children in 4-year-old kindergarten to eighth grade.
Online registration begins at 8 a.m. Feb. 10 and continues through 5 p.m. March 14. Go to the city's website, ci.brookfield.wi.us, and follow the links for the recreation department.
In-person registration will be conducted simultaneously with online registration on a first-come, first-served basis from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in the department office at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road. Mail-in and drop-off registration will be processed randomly the next day.
T-ball and machine pitch leagues will play an eight-game schedule over an eight-week period.
All other leagues will play a 10-game schedule over a 10-week period, June 2 to Aug. 8.
Practices will begin about May 12. Teams will practice once a week after the season starts. Most games will be on weekday evenings at city parks or school district fields.
Registration fees cost $42 for Brookfield residents, $63 for residents of the Elmbrook School District and $84 for nonresidents. A team T-shirt is included in the fee.
All registered players will be assigned to teams by the department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Parks planning to begin for Village Park, new park
- In Our Schools: Oct. 16, 2014
- The Corners may present an opportunity to the Town of Brookfield
- Man suspected in Brookfield bank robbery arrested
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 16
- Brookfield police, like all other city employees, will make pension contributions
- Brookfield Village to host 2nd Arts and Spirits Crawl
- Brookfield suffers a rash of crimes targeting unlocked cars
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 16