The City of Brookfield Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry offers youth baseball, softball and T-ball leagues for children in 4-year-old kindergarten to eighth grade.
Online registration begins at 8 a.m. Feb. 10 and continues through 5 p.m. March 14. Go to the city's website, ci.brookfield.wi.us, and follow the links for the recreation department.
In-person registration will be conducted simultaneously with online registration on a first-come, first-served basis from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday in the department office at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road. Mail-in and drop-off registration will be processed randomly the next day.
T-ball and machine pitch leagues will play an eight-game schedule over an eight-week period.
All other leagues will play a 10-game schedule over a 10-week period, June 2 to Aug. 8.
Practices will begin about May 12. Teams will practice once a week after the season starts. Most games will be on weekday evenings at city parks or school district fields.
Registration fees cost $42 for Brookfield residents, $63 for residents of the Elmbrook School District and $84 for nonresidents. A team T-shirt is included in the fee.
All registered players will be assigned to teams by the department.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26
- Brookfield-area roadwork projects range widely (1)