Shaun Simpson, a homeless man who was staying at the Motel 6 in Brookfield when police arrested him for getting in a fist fight, was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Oct. 14 with substantial battery harm, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property.
If found guilty, he could face a maximum sentence of 4-1/2 years in prison and fines up to $21,000.
According to the criminal complaint, Simpson argued about money with his roommate at Motel 6, 20300 W. Bluemound Road, mid-day Oct. 11.
Simpson allegedly struck the man several times, and slammed the other man's phone to the ground when he tried to call police.
Simpson's preliminary hearing is Oct. 31.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield company sends holiday cheer to troops abroad
- Dixon students learn fire safety
- The Corners gets approval, town funding
- Brookfield likely to renew contract to attract visitors
- Tax case, Sileno talks run up city legal fees
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- City trails ahead in its Greenway path plans
- Former mayor Jeff Speaker will challenge Steve Ponto in Brookfield
- In Our Schools