The dog swimming area at Fox Brook Park has been closed this summer. Will it re-open?
Question: The dog swimming area at Fox Brook Park has been closed all summer. What is the status of this?
Answer: Fox Brook Park has a new dog swimming area that just opened, said Ginny Bocek, Waukesha County Parks program specialist.
It is on the northeastern shore of the lake, where the watercraft launch site is.
Intense use at the former dog swimming area caused it to suffer from erosion, with sediment washing into the lake and affecting water quality, according to the Waukesha County Parks website. The former location also was a challenge for dogs and dog owners due to the steep slope to the water.
The new area has a gentler slope, and is near a main parking lot. Large lannon stones define the edges of the swimming area, and the open approach to the water is surfaced with porous rubber mats that allow water to filter back into the ground.
Now that pups have a different place to splash and swim, the former site can be restored.
The dog swimming area is open to all park users; its use is included in the park admission fee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: What is required of school buses crossing tracks?
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- Ask NOW: Are there local families who will use a food pantry this Thanksgiving?
- Ask NOW: Why are there barriers at Brookfield Road and North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will sidewalks on Capitol Drive be cleared of snow this winter?
- Ask NOW: Are little roadside libraries allowed in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: What are costs of maintaining and demolishing Eble Park barn?
- Ask NOW: Who is responsible for cutting the grass along the new sidewalk on Capitol Drive?
- Ask NOW: Public meeting addresses future of Eble Park
- Ask NOW: How does the local senior taxi service work?
- Ask NOW: Is it legal to drive with headphones on?
- Ask NOW: Is Sluggo's under new ownership?
- Ask NOW: Do I need to get a license for my pets?
- Ask NOW: What's up with those orange bikes around town?
- Ask NOW: When is Applewood Assisted Living center opening?
- Ask NOW: Is there a curfew for minors in Brookfield?
- Ask NOW: How do those smiley face fireworks work?
- Ask NOW: Do you need a fishing license to fish in area lagoons?
- Ask NOW: What's going on at the old Sentry on 131st Street and Hampton Avenue?