Property-tax bills for 2012 were mailed to taxpayers in the city and town of Brookfield and village of Elm Grove this week. Here is a tax rate summary for each municipality (minus user fees, lottery and state credits) and information on tax bill payments:
City of Brookfield
Payments can be made in person at the Treasurer's Office in City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road, or at the Tri-City Bank branches located in Brookfield and are due before Jan. 31.
Credit card and electronic check payments are available only for real estate tax bills. Electronic check transactions are subject to a $1 service fee. Credit card transactions are subject to a 3 percent service fee. A night depository box is located outside the main entrance on the north side of City Hall.
Town of Brookfield
The Waukesha County Treasurer collects all town of Brookfield tax payments. Checks should be made payable to Waukesha County Treasurer. Payments can be made in online or in person at 1320 Pewaukee Road, Room 148 (Waukesha County Administration Center). There is also a depository box located east of the Administration Center, across from Door 35, available 24 hours a day. Refunds will be mailed in approximately six weeks.
Village of Elm Grove
Payments are due before January 31st or in two installments: one due by Jan. 31st and the second due by July 31.Payments can be made in person, by mail or by depository box at Town Bank, 13150 Watertown Plank Road or at Village Hall, 13600 Juneau Blvd. Taxpayers using the installment plan must pay the second payment to Waukesha County Treasurer. Refunds will be mailed in approximately seven to 10 days.
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (5)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (3)