Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Milwaukee Brewers left-fielder Ryan Braun earned some hardware this week, but not for their play on the field.
The two athletes teamed up in 2012 to open 8-twelve MVP Bar & Grill, 17800 W. Bluemound Road. The farm-to-table restaurant was named one of the 20 best athlete-owned restaurants last week by "The Daily Meal," an online food and drink publication. Fox News went ahead and named it the best.
Eric Kaye, the restaurant's general manager, said he's proud of what the Brookfield restaurant has been able to accomplish since opening.
"We're committed to providing a great dining service here. We're more than just a sports bar. We offer great food, great service and a great atmosphere," he said.
The restaurant gets its beef from Hidden Creek Farm in New London, and the comfort food-heavy menu includes items like cheddar and gouda tater tots, fried cheese curds, pastrami-spiced pork chop, and surf and turf.
In the past, "The Daily Meal" selected Miller Park's pulled-pork parfait as one of the "craziest stadium foods," and recognized Lambeau Field as serving some of the best stadium food in the country.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (2)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (3)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining