Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Milwaukee Brewers left-fielder Ryan Braun earned some hardware this week, but not for their play on the field.
The two athletes teamed up in 2012 to open 8-twelve MVP Bar & Grill, 17800 W. Bluemound Road. The farm-to-table restaurant was named one of the 20 best athlete-owned restaurants last week by "The Daily Meal," an online food and drink publication. Fox News went ahead and named it the best.
Eric Kaye, the restaurant's general manager, said he's proud of what the Brookfield restaurant has been able to accomplish since opening.
"We're committed to providing a great dining service here. We're more than just a sports bar. We offer great food, great service and a great atmosphere," he said.
The restaurant gets its beef from Hidden Creek Farm in New London, and the comfort food-heavy menu includes items like cheddar and gouda tater tots, fried cheese curds, pastrami-spiced pork chop, and surf and turf.
In the past, "The Daily Meal" selected Miller Park's pulled-pork parfait as one of the "craziest stadium foods," and recognized Lambeau Field as serving some of the best stadium food in the country.
- Elm Grove debates contracting with a community planner
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does Mayor Steve Ponto want to run for higher office?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: June 2
- SURG to close HŌM Wood Fired Grill Brookfield location
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day