A woman told town of Brookfield police that car wash employees did more than a wax and vacuum during a visit to a local car wash.
According to the police report:
A 78-year-old Brookfield woman took her car to Full Service Car Wash, 19050 W. Bluemound Road, on the morning of March 20.
She said she remembered having her .38 revolver in the front seat's fold-down armrest the day before.
She got out of her car and an employee drove it into the wash.
When employees returned her car after the wash, the woman said the gun was missing and she immediately notified management.
Police responded, interviewed all employees who handled the car, checked surveillance video and found nothing suspicious, according to the report.
Police also checked nearby bushes, trash and shrubs, but did not locate the gun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- In Brief: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 1
- Eble Park garden gets a lot of help from volunteers
- Elm Grove Woman's Club, Junior Guild reconnecting
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Multifamily housing surges in Brookfield
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road? (1)
- Buddy Squirrel happy to return to Brookfield Square (2)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 1