A woman told town of Brookfield police that car wash employees did more than a wax and vacuum during a visit to a local car wash.
According to the police report:
A 78-year-old Brookfield woman took her car to Full Service Car Wash, 19050 W. Bluemound Road, on the morning of March 20.
She said she remembered having her .38 revolver in the front seat's fold-down armrest the day before.
She got out of her car and an employee drove it into the wash.
When employees returned her car after the wash, the woman said the gun was missing and she immediately notified management.
Police responded, interviewed all employees who handled the car, checked surveillance video and found nothing suspicious, according to the report.
Police also checked nearby bushes, trash and shrubs, but did not locate the gun.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: June 2
- SURG to close HŌM Wood Fired Grill Brookfield location
- Elm Grove Village Market Night to debut in June
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26