Customer service king for Snapdragon Flowers
Owners enjoy delivering smiles to customers
Outside the confines of their respective gardens, Rhonda Deaver and Denise Barnett knew little about flowers. But the chance for the one-time colleagues and longtime friends to enter into a business relationship was too good to pass up.
"If we didn't do something just because it scared us a little, we'd never do anything," Barnett said, commenting on the pair's decision to purchase Elm Grove Village Flower Shop (since renamed Snapdragon Flowers of Elm Grove) in 2011. "We thought that combining my marketing and sales strengths with Rhonda's accounting and design background would make us successful."
To date, the partners' prediction has come true, Barnett said. Leveraging their individual talents, the two proceeded to boost Snapdragon Flowers' presence in the community and beyond through social media, dynamic front window displays and access to a wire service that allows the store to receive orders worldwide.
A dedication to offering first-rate customer service has also served Snapdragon Flowers well.
"We really make a strong effort to ensure that customers get what they want," said Barnett, who sits on the board of the Elm Grove Business Association. "We never say 'never,' and look at whatever angles we need to in order to give customers a 'yes' answer."
Located on the corner of Watertown Plank and Elm Grove Roads, Snapdragon Flowers provides arrangements for any occasion, including Valentine's Day, birthdays and anniversaries.
While Barnett says that she and Deaver have become adept at creating floral arrangements, the shop also contracts on an as-needed basis with a pool of floral designers.
In the off-season, Snapdragon Flowers primarily receives their inventory from fresh-cut flower distributors in California, Africa and South America. During the spring and summer, the company works with local growers.
Whether Snapdragon Flowers' stock is domestic or international, the owners enjoy their environment.
"It's really hard not to be happy when you're surrounded by flowers all day," Barnett said. "Rhonda and I both look forward to going out on deliveries because no one's ever upset to see us; we always get a smile."
For more information about Snapdragon Flowers, visit snapdragoneg.com.
To suggest a business for this spotlight, send an email to email@example.com.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Snapdragon Flowers of Elm Grove
ADDRESS: 13458 Watertown Plank Road
PHONE: (262) 782-8380
OWNERS: Rhonda Deaver and Denise Barnett
TYPE OF BUSINESS: florist
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "Never lose your sense of humor."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: From Panera to Blaze Pizza in Brookfield, franchise owner has succeeded again
- Brookfield's Pet Supplies Plus caters to a four-footed customer base
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel
- Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC
- Brookfield's O' What a Day Cafe strives to make any day a good day to stop in
- Skateland, jut beyond Brookfield, proves an enduring attraction for a fun night out
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- Business Spotlight Employees make Brookfield's Half Price Books work in a changing literary world
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Chiropractor takes a full-body wellness approach
- Brookfield business sells, buys 'gently used' children's goods
- Business Spotlight: Return Engagement
- Grasch's continues its family tradition of quality groceries
- Brookfield promotional business advocates useful items, not trinkets
- Company helps people, businesses save on energy
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence