Trade show exhibit company relocates to Brookfield
Company moving from Menomonee Falls into former Koconis Industries building
Exhibit Systems, a trade show exhibit company, will move from Menomonee Falls to an expanded office and production facility in Brookfield within the next week.
The company will move into a 46,000 square-foot building at 12600 W. Burleigh Road, more than double the space of its 18,000 square foot Menomonee Falls location, the company said in a press release.
Dave Jentz, vice president of Exhibit Systems, said the company's success and need to consolidate production space led to a countywide search for a new home.
"We outgrew our existing space some time ago," Jentz said. "In addition to our Menomonee Falls location, we had two other locations that we rented for warehouse space. Now, we'll be able to condense all of that into one space, which is more convenient."
Jentz said being in Brookfield is also a business advantage.
"When we found this building, we thought it was a very good location," Jentz said. "It's centrally located and closer to downtown, and a lot of our clients come from the downtown area."
The company plans to start moving its staff and equipment Monday.
The new location is the former home of the Koconis Industries building and needed a lot of work.
"The exterior received a complete facelift, including replacing every window," Jentz said. "The building's roof and parking lot were also upgraded."
Dan Ertl, director of community development, said Exhibit Systems' move is just one of many projects planned for the area.
"We're very excited to have Exhibit Systems moving into its new building on Burleigh," Ertl said. "They are transforming what was one of our largest vacant industrial buildings into a modern corporate facility. Their new headquarters is a signature project, and will help to set the tone for the 124th Street Corridor."
The company has 17 employees and has been at its Menomonee Falls location, N89 W14475 Patrita Drive, since 2006. They specialize in business-building exhibits and displays for trade shows, interiors and other events.
Exhibit Systems plans to host a grand opening and open house at the Brookfield location in the future, extending an invitation to Gov. Scott Walker.
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (5)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (3)