Movie goers experienced a not-so-happily-ever-after ending after finding their car windows smashed and items stolen upon leaving Majestic Cinema.
Town of Brookfield police said seven vehicles in the lot of the theater, at 770 Springdale Road, were broken into between 9:30 p.m. Dec. 30 and midnight Dec. 31.
Windows were smashed on of some cars while other windows were pried open, causing hundreds of dollars worth of damage.
More than $300 in cash, a smartphone worth $400, two GPS systems worth a total of $450, several purses, a social security card, a notary seal stamp and a check worth $5,359 were among the items taken.
When town officer Terence Nordquist viewed surveillance video, he noted the video quality was grainy and blurry.
"The snowy weather made it impossible to see what was going on, offering virtually no evidentiary value," he wrote in a police report.
Because of this, police said it would be nearly impossible to catch the thieves based on the surveillance tape.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- Police: Girl, 10, says she was coerced into sending naked photos of herself to stranger