Movie goers experienced a not-so-happily-ever-after ending after finding their car windows smashed and items stolen upon leaving Majestic Cinema.
Town of Brookfield police said seven vehicles in the lot of the theater, at 770 Springdale Road, were broken into between 9:30 p.m. Dec. 30 and midnight Dec. 31.
Windows were smashed on of some cars while other windows were pried open, causing hundreds of dollars worth of damage.
More than $300 in cash, a smartphone worth $400, two GPS systems worth a total of $450, several purses, a social security card, a notary seal stamp and a check worth $5,359 were among the items taken.
When town officer Terence Nordquist viewed surveillance video, he noted the video quality was grainy and blurry.
"The snowy weather made it impossible to see what was going on, offering virtually no evidentiary value," he wrote in a police report.
Because of this, police said it would be nearly impossible to catch the thieves based on the surveillance tape.
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Ask Now: How are city committee members assigned?
- In Brief: No truth to rumors that Elm Grove Sendik's will close, village president says
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: May 5
- Elmbrook Schools to host first Fine Arts Festival
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 5
- Elm Grove and AT&T still in a standoff over Watertown Plank bridge
- Brookfield/Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 5
- Brookfield's Borkowski to spend summer touring with Kids from Wisconsin
- Kathryn Martin named interim president of the Wilson Center