Movie goers experienced a not-so-happily-ever-after ending after finding their car windows smashed and items stolen upon leaving Majestic Cinema.
Town of Brookfield police said seven vehicles in the lot of the theater, at 770 Springdale Road, were broken into between 9:30 p.m. Dec. 30 and midnight Dec. 31.
Windows were smashed on of some cars while other windows were pried open, causing hundreds of dollars worth of damage.
More than $300 in cash, a smartphone worth $400, two GPS systems worth a total of $450, several purses, a social security card, a notary seal stamp and a check worth $5,359 were among the items taken.
When town officer Terence Nordquist viewed surveillance video, he noted the video quality was grainy and blurry.
"The snowy weather made it impossible to see what was going on, offering virtually no evidentiary value," he wrote in a police report.
Because of this, police said it would be nearly impossible to catch the thieves based on the surveillance tape.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield (4)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway (5)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30