The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department will offer new programs, including archery, ice skating and a "play day" in February.
West Town Archery will present archery classes for youth and adults. After completing the class a shooter should have the skills to shoot any archery equipment safely and accurately and with proper form. In addition to the classes, each student will receive a one-hour shooting pass with equipment to use at a later date.
Youth classes for children 8 to 16 are scheduled for 5-6 p.m. Jan. 9, 16, 23 and 30; 7-8 p.m. Feb. 4, 11, 18 and 25; 7-8 p.m. March 4, 11, 18 and 25; 7-8 p.m. April 8, 15, 22 and 29; and 7-8 p.m. May 6, 13, 20 and 27.
Adult classes for ages 14 and older are scheduled for 5-6 p.m. Feb. 6, 13, 20 and 27; 5-6 p.m. April 3, 10, 17 and 24; and 5-6 p.m. May 8, 15, 22 and 29.
The fee is $40 per archer for a complete set of four one-hour classes.
Introductory ice skating lessons for youth and adults will be offered four weeks from 4-4:30 p.m. Sundays, Jan. 13 to Feb. 3 and Feb. 10 to March 3 in partnership with The Ponds of Brookfield Ice Arena.
Classes will allow the beginner skater to feel comfortable on the ice while gaining the basic skating techniques needed to move around the ice with confidence and ease.
The cost is $40 for residents, $60 for Elmbrook School District residents and $80 for nonresidents.
Brookfield East High School will host a free play day in the field house from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 22, a scheduled day off from school. Basketball hoops will be available, as well as jump ropes, hula hoops and other fun activities. Children 8 years old and younger can bring their big wheels, cozy coupes, tricycles or other small bicycles to ride on the indoor track. No skateboards, scooters, large bikes or inline skates allowed.
Registration for all winter and spring programs will begin at 8 a.m. Jan. 5, either online at wi-brookfield.civicplus.com or in person at 2000 N. Calhoun Road. For more information, call (262) 796-6675.
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (5)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for