The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department will offer new programs, including archery, ice skating and a "play day" in February.
West Town Archery will present archery classes for youth and adults. After completing the class a shooter should have the skills to shoot any archery equipment safely and accurately and with proper form. In addition to the classes, each student will receive a one-hour shooting pass with equipment to use at a later date.
Youth classes for children 8 to 16 are scheduled for 5-6 p.m. Jan. 9, 16, 23 and 30; 7-8 p.m. Feb. 4, 11, 18 and 25; 7-8 p.m. March 4, 11, 18 and 25; 7-8 p.m. April 8, 15, 22 and 29; and 7-8 p.m. May 6, 13, 20 and 27.
Adult classes for ages 14 and older are scheduled for 5-6 p.m. Feb. 6, 13, 20 and 27; 5-6 p.m. April 3, 10, 17 and 24; and 5-6 p.m. May 8, 15, 22 and 29.
The fee is $40 per archer for a complete set of four one-hour classes.
Introductory ice skating lessons for youth and adults will be offered four weeks from 4-4:30 p.m. Sundays, Jan. 13 to Feb. 3 and Feb. 10 to March 3 in partnership with The Ponds of Brookfield Ice Arena.
Classes will allow the beginner skater to feel comfortable on the ice while gaining the basic skating techniques needed to move around the ice with confidence and ease.
The cost is $40 for residents, $60 for Elmbrook School District residents and $80 for nonresidents.
Brookfield East High School will host a free play day in the field house from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Feb. 22, a scheduled day off from school. Basketball hoops will be available, as well as jump ropes, hula hoops and other fun activities. Children 8 years old and younger can bring their big wheels, cozy coupes, tricycles or other small bicycles to ride on the indoor track. No skateboards, scooters, large bikes or inline skates allowed.
Registration for all winter and spring programs will begin at 8 a.m. Jan. 5, either online at wi-brookfield.civicplus.com or in person at 2000 N. Calhoun Road. For more information, call (262) 796-6675.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence (1)
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (3)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (4)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining