Brookfield East student cited for drunken driving after crash in school parking lot
Teen's blood-alcohol content was 0.10
An 18-year-old Brookfield man, a student at Brookfield East High School, was cited for drunken driving in the school parking lot Friday.
City of Brookfield Police Capt. Phil Horter said officers responded to a crash in the school's parking lot, 3305 N. Lilly Road, at 3:22 p.m. Nov. 30. The 18-year-old had rear-ended another vehicle, causing minor damage.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.10 when officers gave him a breath test at the scene, Horter said.
Anne Moore, Elmbrook School District director of communications, said the school is aware of the incident and the assistant principal is working with police.
"We do know the student was not in attendance in school Friday, and there will be school-related consequences for the student," Moore said.
It's unclear how long the teen had been in the parking lot or where he was when he drank the alcohol.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Brief: Oct. 30
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's 'Peter Pan' fall musical
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent
- Brookfield still pecking at chicken issue