Brookfield East student cited for drunken driving after crash in school parking lot
Teen's blood-alcohol content was 0.10
An 18-year-old Brookfield man, a student at Brookfield East High School, was cited for drunken driving in the school parking lot Friday.
City of Brookfield Police Capt. Phil Horter said officers responded to a crash in the school's parking lot, 3305 N. Lilly Road, at 3:22 p.m. Nov. 30. The 18-year-old had rear-ended another vehicle, causing minor damage.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.10 when officers gave him a breath test at the scene, Horter said.
Anne Moore, Elmbrook School District director of communications, said the school is aware of the incident and the assistant principal is working with police.
"We do know the student was not in attendance in school Friday, and there will be school-related consequences for the student," Moore said.
It's unclear how long the teen had been in the parking lot or where he was when he drank the alcohol.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield couple's theater company keeps growing
- Brookfield police suspect wallet theft part of organized crime ring
- Elm Grove trustees endorse path as priority
- Elmbrook School District's ACT results reach all-time high (4)
- Elmbrook Humane Society waives certain adoption fees for National Bow Tie Day
- Longtime Elm Grove servant passes away
- Waukesha County endorses Poplar Creek project's conditional use permit
- School Notes: Aug. 27, 2015