The Elm Grove Community Foundation, Elm Grove Business Association and local artists have teamed up to design custom benches for businesses in downtown Elm Grove.
The Sitting Pretty project debuted in May and the hand-painted benches are meant to represent the owners that choose to purchase one. Community Foundation President Helen Shiely said the foundation has sold about 10 benches so far.
"It's a way to promote interest in downtown Elm Grove," Shiely said.
Buyers work with the artist to develop a colorful design that represents the recipient's brand. Benches can be purchased for businesses or donated to schools, churches or other organizations.
Anyone interested in purchasing a bench can call the Elm Grove Community Foundation at (262) 784-4591.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center