Jack M. Richarz of Brookfield faces up to nine months in jail for allegedly forging insurance documents to work as a contractor.
According to the criminal complaint:
Richarz presented forged documents to Sawfish Contracting indicating he had a policy through R&R Insurance, so that he could act as a contractor through his own business, S.E.R. Roofing.
Richarz was an ex-client of R&R Insurance. The last time S.E.R. Roofing had a policy through R&R Insurance was in 2007.
Sawfish Contracting became aware of the issue in July of this year, when the controller called R&R Insurance to confirm Richarz's coverage.
Robert Nash, owner of Sawfish Contracting, told Waukesha police Richarz admitted that he did not have valid insurance when he was approached about the false documents.
Richarz submitted two documents, one dated May, 2010, the second dated March, 2012, both indicating he had a yearlong policy for S.E.R. Roofing through R&R Insurance.
Nash told police the documents looked forged, and that he told Richarz he could no longer work for him without a valid policy.
It is unclear of Richarz submitted similar documents to other businesses.
Richarz faces two counts of forgery, both misdemeanors that carry a penalty of up to nine months in jail if convicted.
Richarz's next court date is scheduled for Dec. 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Industrial development hinges on TIF district
- Brookfield meetings: Sept. 4
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- St. John Vianney receives three 'Exemplary' awards from Archdiocese
- Brookfield, Elmbrook School District may team up on new Internet network
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Elmbrook School District celebrates its first 50 years