A prescription for medical marijuana kept a California man out of trouble with local authorities during an incident in Brookfield on Friday.
According to the police report:
The 26-year-old Dixon, Calif., man was found in possession of marijuana, but not cited, at Motel 6, 20300 W. Bluemound Road, at 1:16 p.m. Aug. 10.
Upon further investigation, police learned the man was legally able to smoke the marijuana for medical reasons.
Police consulted the Wisconsin Attorney General and Waukesha District Attorney offices before determining not to issue a citation.
The man was warned about smoking in the motel, which is unlawful since a smoking ban went into effect more than two years ago.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Elm Grove woman wins local entrepreneur challenge
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30
- Brookfield market celebrates 25 years
- Hiking at Philmont teaches lifelong lessons to scouts from Brookfield school
- Brookfield and Elm Grove things to do: week of July 30
- City of Brookfield to host 17th National Night Out
- Brookfield man charged after alleged stabbing