A prescription for medical marijuana kept a California man out of trouble with local authorities during an incident in Brookfield on Friday.
According to the police report:
The 26-year-old Dixon, Calif., man was found in possession of marijuana, but not cited, at Motel 6, 20300 W. Bluemound Road, at 1:16 p.m. Aug. 10.
Upon further investigation, police learned the man was legally able to smoke the marijuana for medical reasons.
Police consulted the Wisconsin Attorney General and Waukesha District Attorney offices before determining not to issue a citation.
The man was warned about smoking in the motel, which is unlawful since a smoking ban went into effect more than two years ago.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Improved National Night Out set for Muskego
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- Business Calendar: July 24
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield