A prescription for medical marijuana kept a California man out of trouble with local authorities during an incident in Brookfield on Friday.
According to the police report:
The 26-year-old Dixon, Calif., man was found in possession of marijuana, but not cited, at Motel 6, 20300 W. Bluemound Road, at 1:16 p.m. Aug. 10.
Upon further investigation, police learned the man was legally able to smoke the marijuana for medical reasons.
Police consulted the Wisconsin Attorney General and Waukesha District Attorney offices before determining not to issue a citation.
The man was warned about smoking in the motel, which is unlawful since a smoking ban went into effect more than two years ago.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Brookfield girl may have been locked in basement by parents
- Brookfield's St. John Vianney School presents 'Shrek the Musical'
- In Our Schools: March 26, 2015