Members of City of Brookfield Local 315, the Wisconsin Professional Police Association-Clerical Unit, will now be required to make pension contributions.
The Human Resources and Public Safety Committee on Tuesday approved a memorandum of understanding between the city and the union, specifying that union members will begin paying 5.9 percent of wages toward their pensions with their Feb. 24 paycheck.
To help offset the financial impact to employees, the agreement also advances a 1.25 percent pay adjustment from July 1 to Jan. 13 of this year.
The agreement will save the city about $33,000 annually. Similar agreements are now in place with four of the city’s five unions, Human Resources Director Jim Zwerlein said.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield (6)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved? (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Interactive: Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway (12)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30