All eight city of Brookfield alderman who are up for reelection this spring have filed nomination papers, but no challengers have stepped forward, according to City Clerk Kelly Michaels.
Seats from all seven of the city's districts are up for grabs. Aside from District 7, where both representatives are up for reelection, the other six districts will have one candidate on the ballot.
Aldermen Ron Balzer, Scott Berg, Christopher Blackburn, Buck Jurken, Renee Lower, Lisa Mellone, Rick Owen and Daniel Sutton have all filed nomination papers.
Mellone's seat will be up for a two-year term expiring in 2014. All other seats carry four-year terms that expire in 2016.
Challengers have until 5 p.m. Jan 3 to collect at least 20 signatures from constituents and file nomination papers at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road.
Municipal Judge Jeffrey Warchol has filed a declaration of candidacy but hasn't yet filed nomination papers. No other candidates have emerged for municipal judge.
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30