All eight city of Brookfield alderman who are up for reelection this spring have filed nomination papers, but no challengers have stepped forward, according to City Clerk Kelly Michaels.
Seats from all seven of the city's districts are up for grabs. Aside from District 7, where both representatives are up for reelection, the other six districts will have one candidate on the ballot.
Aldermen Ron Balzer, Scott Berg, Christopher Blackburn, Buck Jurken, Renee Lower, Lisa Mellone, Rick Owen and Daniel Sutton have all filed nomination papers.
Mellone's seat will be up for a two-year term expiring in 2014. All other seats carry four-year terms that expire in 2016.
Challengers have until 5 p.m. Jan 3 to collect at least 20 signatures from constituents and file nomination papers at City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road.
Municipal Judge Jeffrey Warchol has filed a declaration of candidacy but hasn't yet filed nomination papers. No other candidates have emerged for municipal judge.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 23
- Brookfield police warn of scams, warm weather crime
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case pleads not guilty
- Brookfield council postpones decision on bus shelters