Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City could spend over $12 million in providing aid for Irgens' The Corridor
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield officially changes water dept. schedules
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22