Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 3
- New service aims to help kids with social and communication skills
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Sept. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Sept. 3
- Ask Now: Soil samples taken at Pilgrim and Gebhardt in Brookfield
- Brookfield autumn Parks & Rec registration approaching
- Unity Center of Light church looking to put down roots in Brookfield
- Bus shelters topic coming back to Brookfield
- School Notes: Sept. 3
- Brookfield Library Friends continue support efforts