Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: May 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 5
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (8)