Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (3)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30