Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center