Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County beaches open Saturday
- Brookfield native takes culinary skills to television
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: May 28
- Brookfield family shares online school experience
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity? (2)
- Brookfield's Scott named chair of governmental accounting council
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Town of Brookfield's Carp O' Rama on cusp of cancellation