Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Library celebrates fall
- City recognized for financial reporting
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- Controversial two-town incorporation remains uncertain and undecided in Waukesha-Brookfield area
- Lancers, rejoice! Brookfield Central High School celebrates new stadium pavilion, bathrooms
- On the Move: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 23
- Brookfield, hungry for housing, studies plans for hundreds of new apartments