Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove Police and Fire Departments respond to house fire
- Are you affected by the Milwaukee bus strike? Brookfield Now wants to hear from Gold Line commuters
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- In Brief: Tour le Jardin is coming July 18
- Brookfield water main break causes closure of Lilly Road
- Town of Brookfield denies two sign requests (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 2 (1)
- Five things to know about trains in Brookfield (1)
- Town of Brookfield once again considers Poplar Creek proposal (1)
- Ask Now: Fewer meetings? Same pay?