Only in Wisconsin? Angered by long line, woman throws bottles while waiting to buy bratwurst
A 23-year-old woman who lost her temper at Open Pantry, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, hurled two bottles of soda at a clerk and stormed out of the business, according to city of Brookfield police.
A manager called police to the store just after 3 p.m. Dec. 15.
According to the report:
The manager said a long line at the cash register first upset the 23-year-old.
Her agitation grew when the register malfunctioned while she attempted to pay for two bratwurst.
The customer allegedly hurled two plastic bottles of soda; one of which struck the clerk in the leg.
She promptly fled the store, but employees provided police with her contact information.
She could be cited for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bus shelter advertising approved by Brookfield aldermen
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 1
- The Corners, in the town of Brookfield, adds a women's fashion store to its growing list of tenants
- Brookfield city council to meet Tuesday at 7:45 p.m.
- Brookfield church hopes to bring residents, local music together
- Auditions at Brookfield's Wilson Center may take singers to the Met
- Elm Grove proposed budget requires reduction
- Brookfield East High School recruits students for new DECA chapter
- Brookfield drunk driver leads police on 80 mph chase